Thursday, May 29, 2008
Technorati Tags: Food for thought
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
"Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble and keep on praying. Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn" (Romans 12:12, 15)
I thank God for those whom are rescued from the disasters in SiChuan, China and Myanmar. I rejoice with them (and their family) that they are given another chance at life.
I mourn for those were displaced in the disasters and pray for their families - that they will find comfort, strength and hope.
Please continue to pray with me that the missing people be found and rescued and those who are injured received medical treatment and supplies in time.
Do not underestimate the power of prayers especially when the faithful prays together.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
My heart goes out to the people of China affected by the Sichuan Earthquake.
Let's pray together, for the survivors of Sichuan Earthquake.
Pray that the rescue work be smooth,
Pray for good weather for the rescue.
Pray that more people be rescued from the debris.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Technorati Tags: Increase web site traffic
Sunday, May 11, 2008
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Technorati Tags: He Who Began A Good Work In You
Saturday, May 10, 2008
I was mutitasking: doing my blog hop, opening my gmail and launching my blog at same time. I think these activites generated too many pings and i (my IP address) was 'banned' from all google sites (including my blogspot blog) for almost a full 15 minutes! The message below appeared whenever i tried to visit a blogspot blog. I was horrified! I thought i could not blog again as i could not gain access into my own blog. I thought this ban is forever...i thought...
I regained access to my site when i restarted my computer after 15 minutes but it seems like eternity! I could only surf non-google sites and blogs as most of my blog buddies' blogs are all in blogspot.
Technorati Tags: Google
--START COPYING HERE--
Here are the rules:
1. Copy from "START COPYING HERE" to "STOP COPYING HERE".
3. Let me know your blog’s name and url by leaving me a comment HERE. I will add you to the master list.
4. Come back and copy the master list back to your site, often. This will allow the new comers to achieve equal benefit as the late comers do.
5. Register in StumbleUpon and install the toolbar.
6. Go to the sites found on the list and give them a thumb up (I like it!).
7. Add me as your friend in StumbleUpon: Blanne.Note: Your url will be deleted in the Master List if you do not comply to the given rules.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THE LIST. OR CLICK HERE TO GET A BANNER THAT YOU CAN PUT ON YOUR BLOG. THE MORE PARTICIPANTS, THE GREATER INCREASE IN TRAFFIC! :)
1. Hit-or-Miss 2. Mommy's Little Corner 3.Unpredictable Life 4. The Journey 5. Sigh 6. Say Cheese 7. Make Every Day Your Lucky Day 8. Blessed Sanctuary 9. Hailey's Beats and Bits 10. Photo Hook 11. A Sweet Taste Of Life 12. Nyumix's Blog 13. Juliana's Site 14. Juliana’s Lair 15. Juliana’s World 16. My Library 17. Fun.Fierce.Fab 18. When Silence Speaks 19. Etc Atbp 20. Mariuca - Wishing On A Falling Star 21. Dance of Motherhood 22. Emila’s Illustrated Blog 23. The Other Side of Emila 24. Mariuca's Perfume Gallery 25. Project Heavy Traffic 26. YOUR BLOG/SITE HERE!
--STOP COPYING HERE--
Technorati Tags: Increase web site traffic
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Finally, i got my internet access back! My modem line was striked by lightning! Got it fixed and got back my virtual life. A day without Internet is simply too...the story goes like this...
There was an article last weekend from my local newspaper suggesting that we live a day without our gadget and internet access. I thought to myself at that moment "Hey, that wasn't too difficult, i can do that".
The came the modem problem and i was left with no Internet Access for a day! Among many other things, I have no communication (email), no outlet for creative expression (blogging) and no source of information (i was supposed to search for holiday information for my family). It was TERRIBLE! I can't imagine A day without Internet.
I thought it was a while ago (ok ok, a few years ago) that the World Wide Web 'intrudes' into our life and we were 'forced' to learn HTML. Now it has become so pervasive(Read:
'to become spread throughout all parts of') in our life that we can't function (fully) without it.
The thought of it was scary! I am sure you have seen sci-fi show showing Machines conquering the world or the Internet-went-wrong story!
I felt helpless at first, not sure what to do because my routine was broken. Slowly, this fear was replaced by a certain revelation that the internet is (after all) man-made.
But the 'silent' was too unsettling, I started substituting one gadget with another, the TV. Finally i decided to go gadget free (at least for a night). I switched off my Mobile phone and the TV and spent 'quality' time with my son. Played toys (toys without battery-if you should ask) and a game of catching with him.
I still decided to retire early that night (hoping that the next day my internet connection will be up).
I survived a day without Internet.
Technorati Tags: A day without Internet
Thursday, May 1, 2008
My blog buddy, Mariuca is forming her very own Red Hot Drops Entrecard Club and the membership drive starts now! Please visit her blog for more details. Join us to explode your web traffic NOW!