A new year, a new beginning. I am actually tired of making resolution list but God has shown me that he is weaving me together, bit by bit.
Life is a journey, it is not a cliché, but a profound truth. I know why i am still struggling to match the resolution list. It was because for the past year, i have not (yet) yield completely to Him. He has not given up on me (although i am tired of myself and my stubborn way). Because Life is a journey, a journey that i have to travel with Him.
The finanical tsunami caused by excessive consumerism and leveraging this year caused me to reflect on many things.
1. I want to dedicate this new year to God and spend more time with Him. I want to dedicate all my goals to Him and let Him direct my goals and my path according to His will.
2. I would like to focus more this year on the "Have"s rather than the "Have-not"s. It is easier said than done. But to look internally , to treasure and to give thank for the things that God has blessed me rather than to look at those things that others have.
I may not have gotten the COE at $2. I may not have bought my airticket at the cheapest price. I may not have that high flying job. I may not have that fancy car and house.
but i have what i have and i know i have been blessed.
3. I want to exercise more and start to control my diet. As one of my blog friends stated "Eat with less consideration for pleasure, with more awareness for health".
4. I realised that human relationship are not dependent on "chemistry" or "Charisma" but it is a result of hard work.
I want to work hard at all my relationships (family members, at work place and friends etc). It will be hardwork and i have to be prepared that not all will be reciprocated. I should not expect it. I want to be kinder, more tolerant, talk less and therefore judge less.
5. I want to smile more this year.
6. I want to believe.