Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ode on Solitude - a poem by Alexander Pope

I.
How happy he, who free from care
The rage of courts, and noise of towns;
Contented breathes his native air,
In his own grounds.

II.
Whose herds with milk, whose fields with bread,
Whose flocks supply him with attire,
Whose trees in summer yield him shade,
In winter fire.

III.
Blest! who can unconcern'dly find
Hours, days, and years slide swift away,
In health of body, peace of mind,
Quiet by day,

IV.
Sound sleep by night; study and ease
Together mix'd; sweet recreation,
And innocence, which most does please,
With meditation.


V.
Thus let me live, unheard, unknown;
Thus unlamented let me die;
Steal from the world, and not a stone
Tell where I lie.

3 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Hallo MT,

You have "evolved" to be a site of inspiration! Would definitely be dropping by often to support.

Have a Great Week Ahead!

ღ pinaymama ღ said...

hello! Dropping ec and Just stopping by, care to exchange links? Thanks!

vicy said...

Hello..Would you mind adding my other blog??Please let me know so I can add you too there..God Bless!!

The Back Page

 
Blog Directory & Search engine
Directory of Internet Blogs
SGBlog.com
singapore blog directory

ping.sg - the community meta blog for singapore bloggers

Outpost
Add your link
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Recent comments