Monday, December 10, 2007

Is Life worth celebrating?

We worry about getting a job.
We worry about paying our bills on time.
We worry about not getting that promotion.
We worry about not getting love.
We worry about our health.
We worry about dying.



Is Life worth celebrating?



I came across this song recently and found it very meaningful.


I want to share it with you...



I Hope You Dance
by Lee Ann Womack


I hope you never lose your sense of wonder

You get your fill to eat But always keep that hunger

May you never take one single breath for granted

God forbid love ever leave you empty handed

I hope you still feel small When you stand by the ocean

Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens

Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance

I hope you dance



I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance

Never settle for the path of least resistance

Living might mean taking chances But they're worth taking

Lovin' might be a mistake But it's worth making

Don't let some hell bent heart Leave you bitter

When you come close to selling out

Reconsider Give the heavens above More than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

......


12 comments:

Amel said...

Hi, Maketraffic!

Yes, life's DEFINITELY and ABSOLUTELY worth celebrating. Not every baby has a chance to live...or to live long enough to grow up.

I wanna celebrate the wonder of the universe, the chance of doing something worthwhile here on earth...the chance of enjoying every little thing that comes my way. I wanna vanquish every worry I have by surrendering to Him (it's NOT easy sometimes). I wanna take my last breath and think, "I've done everything I could and I've given my best." Life is SO full of magical moments that sometimes we overlook...I LOVE this life with its ups and downs as it's the only one I have! ;-D

WaterLearner said...

Life is definitely worth celebrating. And it's definitely not about how much one earns, how big the house is or that promotion on the way. To share my favourite quotation:

Dance like no one is watching;
Work like you don't need the money;
Love like you will never get hurt;
Live like today is your last.

Mariuca said...

Hi MT! Sitting it out is boring, I'll definitely take up that dance offer! Thanks for sharing. :):):)

Anonymous said...

Good ! This is what I think on too.. Working life is really a hectic for me!

www.cheerfulday.com

Trinity said...

Life is short and definitely worth celebrating!! I love to dance! Shall we dance?

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Amel, ditto. life's DEFINITELY worth celebrating! There is only one life, live life to the fullest! Cheers!

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Karen, i like your quote. Each day is precious and so full of wonderful possibilities! Cheers!

MakeTraffic said...

You are welcome Marzie, so shall we dance? Cheers!

MakeTraffic said...

Yes Trin, definitely! I love to dance too! Let's enjoy each magical moment as everyone dance to the steps of life!

Dance and not worry about the problems. Slow down and appreciate the fresh air, the flowers, the clouds, the dawn and the dusk, let us not take any thing for granted. Cheers!

MakeTraffic said...

Thanks cheerfulday, for the visit.

Work we have to do,
Let us enjoy the simple pleasures in this complex world...

Cheers!

mr fong said...

This is so wonderful... I hope we all learn from this. I loved the quotation from Karen...

Thanks for this ah, mt.

MakeTraffic said...

You are welcome! I like the quotation from Karen too. Very meaningful! Cheers!

The Back Page

 
Blog Directory & Search engine
Directory of Internet Blogs
SGBlog.com
singapore blog directory

ping.sg - the community meta blog for singapore bloggers

Outpost
Add your link
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Recent comments