Sunday, November 25, 2007

Don't just blog for money

If you intend to set up a blog to be rich overnight, you will be disappointed. Making money blogging is not a dream but it involves hard work. Besides researching materials and writing original content I have to constantly reposition my ads, links and widgets to achieve optimized result, adding things that works and removing those that don't. All this to provide value-added service and to make my blog a good read for my visitors.

I am focusing on this niche area of Increasing web site traffic and monetizing of blog. I am passionate to pursue this topic and share my experiences and methods. As you witness the growth of this site, it is my hope that you will participate through sharing information and comments.

I have been criticized along the way and one blogger even left nasty comment on my blog. I took it positively with the support from my fellow blogger friends. This blog is a collection of passion, hard work and love from my blogger community.

There are many ways of monetizing your blog besides online ads and writing reviews (Read my post Monetize Your Blog strategies ). One can also sell goods and services via blogs. I will feature some of these in my future posts. While i have attained some minor success in terms of traffic, ads and PR, i am mindful of the hardwork i have to put in (continously) and also the other offline commitments (like family). Like life itself, blogging is a learning experience and i hope i will not have to walk alone. Cheers!

12 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Hi,

Hope your "money-making" dreams come true. Congrats! You have another Nuffnang ad running. I have that running now also.

MakeTraffic said...

Thanks Karen. Money-making from ads? Not very much lah. But Blogging as a good marketing platform? definitely! Hope everyone in our blogger network can at least earn some extra pocket money or at least to cover the cost of web hosting or time taken for research. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Money making has to be a side dish, with the main course being unique for each blogger.

43 Vents

MakeTraffic said...

Thanks Alex for the nice analogy that sums it up. Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more web site traffic and friends

J@n!ce said...

I see that both you & Karen had the ads. I dun have loh... sob sob....

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, Don't be sad. I believe a bigger one will come your way. If i am an advertiser, i will certainly choose your blog. High traffic and comments count.

BTW, how do you like my new blog header?

Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more web site traffic and friends

mr fong said...

I hope your blog does well, u work so hard and u are good at ur work... ;p I dun have any ads at all leh. Dunno how they work, haha...

mr fong said...

Btw, ur header is great!!! Dunno how u do. Haha. But congrats, nevertheless...

MakeTraffic said...

Thanks Winston. Glad you like it. It is just a burst of creativity to describe web traffic. Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more web site traffic and friends

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Winston, i like your blog too. it is something unique. Putting ad in blog is very simple. just join an advertising network and paste the code provided onto your blog widget space and wala, the next thing is just wait for ads to flow in. Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more web site traffic and friends

Unknown said...

Opening a blog can be very useful in developing your home based business, because you can target people who have a problem and you can provide a solution for their crisis.

MakeTraffic said...

Hi harris, thanks for your comment and the visit. You are right! Blogging for business is an important trend not to be ignored. Cheers!

The Back Page

 
Blog Directory & Search engine
Directory of Internet Blogs
SGBlog.com
singapore blog directory

ping.sg - the community meta blog for singapore bloggers

Outpost
Add your link
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Recent comments