Sunday, March 2, 2008

It is Unbelievable!

As part of the SEO keywords experiment, i have submitted my previous post On Edison Chen leaked photos scandal saga to Digg.

When i looked at my traffic analysis tool recently, i got a shock! The experiment went a bit out of hand (like my previous experiment on War of Warcraft ) !

About 30% of my increased traffic recently (after the Digg submission) came from the above mentioned Digg submission. Shown below were just part of the traffic came-from log from that submission.

But it proved one thing, Digg is very good for News submission and can get you very good traffic. However, one should use it wisely.

For me, it was very tempting to just leave it there but i chose not to. I do not need this kind of traffic source to increase web traffic as i do not want to be a stumbling block to others.

I have Undugged the submission since.

4 comments:

Amel said...

GREAT avatar, MT! Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend! ;-D

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Amel, thanks. I chose the one that is most similar to me but it turns out better looking. LOL. Have a great week ahead, pal!

Dee said...

Kudos on the avatar. I wanted to disagree a bit about postings on Digg. I haven't had much luck. I tend to post on social/political issues. I submitted two articles: one about the refusal of blood samples by the Red Cross despite technologies for proper testing, and a second about nightmares with human resources. Neither seemed to take off. In fact, I struggle to find a good place to Digg it because it's not a typical news blurb, political thing, or health issue neatly.

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Dee, i agree that Digg does not have many categories to park our posts. As mentioned in my post on SEO experiment, it is a good place for entertainment news. If you see all the top Diggs, they are mostly entertainment news...I haven't had much luck on my topic on web traffic though. I guess people want to read more of the juicy stuff. sigh...

The Back Page

 
Blog Directory & Search engine
Directory of Internet Blogs
SGBlog.com
singapore blog directory

ping.sg - the community meta blog for singapore bloggers

Outpost
Add your link
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Recent comments