Saturday, May 10, 2008

What on Google is this?

I was mutitasking: doing my blog hop, opening my gmail and launching my blog at same time. I think these activites generated too many pings and i (my IP address) was 'banned' from all google sites (including my blogspot blog) for almost a full 15 minutes! The message below appeared whenever i tried to visit a blogspot blog. I was horrified! I thought i could not blog again as i could not gain access into my own blog. I thought this ban is forever...i thought...

I regained access to my site when i restarted my computer after 15 minutes but it seems like eternity! I could only surf non-google sites and blogs as most of my blog buddies' blogs are all in blogspot.

Luckily, i have a .com domain of my own (http://projectheavytraffic.com/) where i publish all my web traffic related articles in event any thing happen to my blogspot site. And thankfully there are (for now) still lots of non-google sites for me to visit. I can't imagine...







6 comments:

DubLiMan said...

As you may be aware, the Big Bang has exceeded 835 sites, which is amazing. I feel that the 1,000-site goal is very doable. If you have not updated your list in a while, I would suggest doing so at http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2008/01/big-bang-master-list.html, and moving it to your front page, however, that is not the reason for leaving this comment.

I firmly believe that great things will happen to those who express gratitude for what they have. I am tagging you to express your gratitude with a Gratitude meme. Just go to http://AreYouGrateful.Com and follow the simple rules. Tagging is optional, but encouraged. This does come with a health portion of link-love. I also believe that over time, this will grow bigger than the Big Bang. If you don’t feel like being grateful maybe you would like to complain about something. Just go to http://ComplainComplainComplain.Com and follow those rules. The link-love is a combination of those two sites.

I hope to see you at one of them………or maybe even both.

MakeTraffic said...

Hi MMP, thanks for visiting my blog and the tag. Will have a look at the Gratitude meme. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

yeah...i did have this error several times....all of my blogs and other blogs too...i thought they have the outage thing but there was no announcement whatsoever...i thought i was the only one having this problem...

thanks for mentioning!

Juliana said...

Hi MT,

Will you vote for me, just ONCE before 16 May 2008??

Please read in here : Vote for me

Thanks a lot.

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Pinay mummy, Glad you find the post useful. Thanks for the visit, Cheers!

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Juliana, i have voted for you! You can count on me! Hope you win. Cheers!

The Back Page

 
Blog Directory & Search engine
Directory of Internet Blogs
SGBlog.com
singapore blog directory

ping.sg - the community meta blog for singapore bloggers

Outpost
Add your link
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Recent comments