Sunday, July 27, 2008

Spiritual Sunday: Empower me

Why do some of us not living victoriously as is intended by God?

Why do some still feel miserable and suffer cycles of defeat even though we are given the seal of the Holy Spirit upon our Salvation.

Why are we not experiencing the joy as promised?

It is because we have not been constantly filled with the Holy Spirit. To be filled with the Holy Spirit constantly is to abide in Christ, everyday.

It is a command and not a choice.

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:18-20

A good way to start is:

To confess your Sin (we do not experience the fullness/filling of the Holy Spirit if we allow Sin to dwell in us) , read Bible passages aloud in your own quiet time and "Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

until

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

****

Nobody knows, how weak I am
Better than You
Nobody sees, all of my needs
Better than You

And nobody has, the power to change me
To what I was born to be
Jesus be strong, in my weakness
Empower me

Chorus:
Empower me
Like a rushing river flowing to the sea
Lord, send your Holy Spirit
Flowing out through me
Till I'm living as Your child
Victorious and free
Send the power of Your love
Empower me

Nobody's eyes, see through my soul
Better than Yours
Nobody's love, can make me whole
No love but Yours

And nobody has, the power to lift me
To reach for eternity
Jesus break through all my defenses
Empower me

0 comments:

The Back Page

 
Blog Directory & Search engine
Directory of Internet Blogs
SGBlog.com
singapore blog directory

ping.sg - the community meta blog for singapore bloggers

Outpost
Add your link
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Recent comments